The commune of Payerne purchased Dr Marcel Croisier's property in Sainte-Croix in 1959. It was renovated in camp house that is currently used by schools from Payerne & environs for both in Summer and Winter camp. Each summer 6- 12-year-old pupils go on holiday during 4 weeks at the camp house.
The chalet is located in the hamlet of the Cluds, between Sainte-Croix and Mauborget, in Bullet. At first, it was 20 children beds in dormitories and 10 for accompanying adults. In 1987, a new dormitories with 20 children beds, a room for camp counsellors, an equipped kitchen, a refectory for 50 people and new showers were installed.
This peace of haven in the mountain with a nice outdoor play area and a few parking spaces is strongly appreciated by users. The commune of Payerne delegated the maintenance, the operation and the sound management of the house to a committee of seven volunteers by a convention in 1960 so that these tasks are assured.
The rent of the chalet is not only for schools but also for families, groups and companies. They usually rent "Les Cluds" for one day, one week-end or even one week (depend on availabilities).
Le Rosset 32
Tél: +41 (26) 663 18 75
The aim of this Payerne's holiday centre "Les Cluds" is quality of the animations, mutual respect and security of all participants. In order to achieve these aims, we all ensure to :
- respect everyone's space and privacy
- listen to the others
- develop a calm state, a happy mind and a positive attitude
- discuss impressions and express wishes
- heal scratches
- maintain a physical hygiene
- try new aliment
- store clothes, shoes, bed and personal belongings
- refer to the guideline and the schedule
- preserve facilities
- a skilful team of animation and a suitable accommodation
- balanced and varied menus
- excursions, games and fun outdoors
- leisure activities : reading, singing, drawing, crafting and other entertaining activities
The application of this charte by committee members, camp counsellor, assistant camp counsellor, cooks, assistant, children and parents is essential for a successful camp